Saffron Lemonade with Blackberry Syrup
- 1tsp Saffron
- 2c Lemon Juice
- 2½ c Sugar
- 5c Water + 1c Water +1c Water
- 1c Blackberries
- Lots of Ice
- In a medium sauce pot combine sugar and 1c water.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and begins to boil. A
- dd the berries and lower the heat, and let simmer until the berries have softened. Remove from heat.
- Break up the saffron using your fingers in the palm of your hand and stir it into the hot mixture – be sure not to waste any!
- Let the syrup sit until cooled.
- Combine the lemon juice and water into a tall pitcher, and add the syrup and ice. Stir well and serve immediately!
Source: Free People Blog